• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing Frame output from DITA

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have years of experience with DITA but structured/unstructured Framemaker is new to me.

I am trying to style PDF output from DITA using the native Frame template/rendering engines (i.e. not the DITA-OT) in FM 2017.

I've been using the 'Save Ditamap as" > "Book 2017 with Framemaker Components" workflow. I've hit three stumbling blocks:

1. Additional front matter: Doing <notices href="copyright.dita" toc="no"/> does not pick up the copyright page.
  2. Additional back matter: My corporate style requires a back cover
  3. Customized front cover content. I need to support additional text fields on the front cover. I've populated the bookmap's booklibrary mainbooktitle aand booktitlealt elements, but they are concatenated into one variable (Chapter Title Name) in the conversion process to unstructured Frame.

For questions 1 and 2, is there a way to customize the list of components generated when converting?

For question 3, how can I adjust the mapping between bookmap elements/subelements and unstructuted Frame variables used in templates?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should find the process in Fm 2019 to be much more intuitive and discoverable than in previous versions. In Fm 2017 you need to edit INI files, where in Fm 2019 there is a config wizard.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt and Amitoj,

Does 2019 completely remove the need to use the ditafm-output.INI file? (please say yes)

I see in the PDF publish dialog there's a tab for DITA Template, so imagine that removes the need for INI to point to the template files? What about numbering rules and such - can that be handled by the wizard as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not. Some of the settings now in dialogue for PDF settings are overridden however other settings come from ditamfm-output.ini

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if not completely, it sure is a lot easier to manage now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, do you still offer the EDD training course? Seems like EDD is where the magic happens, but then it is not clear what is handled by the template and what is handled by the EDD. You can send me a message offline if you'd rather reply there. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you drop me an email at amisingh@adobe.com and share more details on issues you are facing on #1 and #2.

thanks

amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Matt, yes I do, and actually was submitting the Fm 2019 Authoring book to my publisher yesterday. (Haven't gotten through updating the EDD book for 2019 yet)

I'll PM you about the EDD class/course options.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi rons24923379,

Did you get resloution for this?

Thanks

Surendra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines