Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cut table after save FM into PDF

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

in my FM document there is one page which contains the table, this is the only page which is horizontal oriented.

In FM everything looks proper but when I generate PDF from this document, the page with table has changed size (more squared) and table is cut.

Could you please help, do you have any idea how to save this document as it is in fm?

thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi izabelaiza:

I routinely work with Fm docs that have both vertical and horizontal orientation without issue. How are you creating the PDF?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually from File - Save as PDF.

Meanwhile it has occured that my problem was particullary related to the Times New Roman font on page numbers in Master Pages. Generally table works horizontally with different font which is main in document, but it is not a rule. Sometimes changes are not visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's so interesting. I can't imagine what the font has to do with the output, but you are on the right track—focusing on when it works and when it doesn't. I suspect you will figure it out.

File > Save as PDF is the preferred way to go, but when my book crashes with that option, I will use File > Print and print to the Adobe PDF driver. You might give it a try—and review the Properties to see if you can find anything awry in there.

Screenshot 2018-04-25 08.36.31.png

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't successfully use the Save as PDF option, try going through the list of options I've compiled at

http://techcommtools.com/framemaker-pdf-tips-and-tricks/

This is a list of the options I use to produce PDF for both online and commercial print delivery.

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer!

unfortunately the problem still exists.

I also tried to change this problematic page to vertical and after save to PDF page is still cut.

I work on FM book file which includes independent chapters. When I create PDF from all of them it fails, but when I save just one chapter which includes my table it works properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it’s not possible due to the company policies

Instead of A4, page appears as squared shape. Also masterpage is checked as a table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you create a dummy example that illustrates the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines