Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default PDF page size

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using structured FM2015 DITA 1.2.

All the templates (and other fm files) in the following folders and sub folders are set to A4:

• \Structure\xml\DITA\outputTemplates\
  • \Structure\xml\DITA_1.2\app\

When I print (File>Save as PDF) an individual topic, the PDF print setting dialog opens with width 210.0 mm  Height: 297.0 mm, which is what I expect.

When I print a ditamap, the PDF print setting dialog opens with width 215.9 mm mm  Height: 279.401 mm, which translates as US Letter (8.5" x 11'').

When I switch to document view, and view the page layout, the map opens using the correct template (A4).

The PDF job settings are set to A4.

It is easy enough to change this to A4, in the PDF Print Settings dialog, however, I'd like to know where the US Letter size is coming from.

Cheers

Peter

TOPICS
PDF output , Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are printing across a corporate network, your corporation may have created global page settings for use with all of your printers. We have this issue here, where most of the corporation is on A4 yet we print everything in Letter (8.5x11) and have to change sizes each time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines