Highlighted

Dependency of toolbar icon size from Windows zoom factor

Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I want to support certain palettes (modified equation palette, vertical tool bar) for higher resultion screens. You all do know the passage from Help/User guide:

FrameMaker's user interface is now compatible with high-resolution screens ranging up to 3480 x
2160 pixels. Earlier, when you launched FrameMaker on a high-resolution display device, the text on
the user interface would render too small. You would have to use a workaround to overcome this
problem for earlier versions of FrameMaker. However, starting from 2017 release, FrameMaker
supports high-resolution display devices. The user interface and all text automatically resizes as per
Windows display settings.

But there no mentioning of when size small (100%), medium (150%) and large (200%) of the icons is taken. In particular, is the medium size taken for Windows zoom factor 101 … 150 or what?

Can somebody give me a hint?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Dependency of toolbar icon size from Windows zoom factor

Advocate ,
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I want to support certain palettes (modified equation palette, vertical tool bar) for higher resultion screens. You all do know the passage from Help/User guide:

FrameMaker's user interface is now compatible with high-resolution screens ranging up to 3480 x
2160 pixels. Earlier, when you launched FrameMaker on a high-resolution display device, the text on
the user interface would render too small. You would have to use a workaround to overcome this
problem for earlier versions of FrameMaker. However, starting from 2017 release, FrameMaker
supports high-resolution display devices. The user interface and all text automatically resizes as per
Windows display settings.

But there no mentioning of when size small (100%), medium (150%) and large (200%) of the icons is taken. In particular, is the medium size taken for Windows zoom factor 101 … 150 or what?

Can somebody give me a hint?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2019 0
K.Daube LATEST
Advocate ,
Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Friends, I can not test this really - because I do not have a high resolution monitor.

My newest observation is this (Windows 10):

Left monitor is set to 100%, right one set to 150%

Moving FM-12 (to 15) from the left monitor to the right scales all GUI objects - inclduding my private palettes, which are de facto FM documents (read only).

So it is my impresseion that Win-10 has a more elaborate scaling mechanism than Win 7 had.

Is this conclusion correct?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 27, 2019 0