• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did a Save As of a FM book in version 11 to version 17....didn't work? Why?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The book shows each chapter with a question mark and says files do not exist.  Trying to edit the existing book in FM17. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, what did you try to do? You can open (and upgrade) a FM11 book and its docs to FM2017, but you have to open and save them first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's what I tried to do...opened the book and saved as new 2017 document.  so I need to open each chapter in FM11 book and then save them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - use the Shift-File command to Open All Files in Book to speed it up. Then you can use the Shift-Save all Open Files after they are upgraded. Remember, maintain a backup of your FM11 source docs because once upgraded, they can't be reverted back to FM11 (except by back-saving as MIF).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it!  Thanks – it worked.

GIna treadway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff.  I'm working on the FM2017 book that I saved and renamed.  The chapters are showing up as the source file path name which is changing the 2017 FM files with the 2018 changes.  I guess I saved it in the wrong source file?  can I rename the chapters with a different name? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I replied to your new thread - revise current book

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines