• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Direct FM to HTML5 conversion versus Robohelp

Participant ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have an idea as to the benefits of using Robohelp for FM conversion to HTML5 versus using direct publishing of FM to HTML5?

My company is interested in publishing extensive user manuals to HTML (and other formats) and would like to use our standard web css to format the output. I can't figure out for the life of me from the Adobe product information what RoboHelp would buy us.

When I did this for a previous company I used a third party tool (FM did not have this type of export at the time).

I'm very interested in hearing any thoughts or experiences any of you have both with and without FrameMaker.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So FM calls it "Publishing" & it's really just the engine of RH under the hood. Unfortunately, it still doesn't expose all the controls that RH does to the user in much of a user-friendly way (IMHO). So, for some people's output, it works just fine; but for others, there's a lot of "in the guts" tweaking required to get what they want out of the process. To give the FM team credit, they've been working away at adding functionality to their Publishing model for a couple of releases now, it it is getting better. If you already have an earlier version of FM, I would find a non-production machine, download the trial FM2015, apply all patches, and then use a copy of your FM to play around and see if the Publish route will work for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

You can use FrameMaker to publish HTML5 content while using CSS of your choice. RoboHelp isn't required.

As Jeff mentioned, give it a try and let us know if you face any issues.

Thanks!

Abhishek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines