Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DITA - Context-sensitive help - Responsive HTML5 output

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to generate a Responsive HTML5 output with context-sensitive help enabled from a ditamap using FM 2019 (v15.0.6.956)

Although I have added CSH markers to my dita topics, the context-sensitive help does not work after generating the responsive HTML5 output. It seems the generated csh.js file does not contain the required data.

When using .fm and .book files instead and executing the same steps to generate the output the context-sensitive help works just fine. I also can see the csh.js file populated properly.

Is there a way to make CSH work with dita content?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please refer to the following 

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/index.html#t=using-framemaker%2Fdita-1.3-source%2Flang...

for DITA, you may need to add resourceid in your DITA file.

Please try out and let us know.

Thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amitoj,

Thanks for the reply.

I tried adding resourceid and in FrameMaker 2019 (v15.0.6.956) it does not seem to work either. On the other hand, I just downloaded the latest version (2020 - v16.0.0.754) and it works fine when I use something like this:

<resourceid appid="my_token">

My next question is whether there is a way to use "ux-context-string" attribute instead of "appid".

Thank you for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear that. Quick question, is the ux-context-string just for easy identification or has its utility else where.

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/using/index.html#t=using-framemaker%2Fdita-1.3-source%2Flang...

Also, please try it out once and share your feedback.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amitoj,

Thanks for the reply.

My intention is indeed to use the ux-context-string attribute for easy identification for the offline HTML help. This attribute is also used for the same purpose in our cloud environment (AEM).

I tried adding the following resourceid element to one of the topics, however it does not seem to pick up the ux-context-string attribute when generating the output:

<resourceid appid="1" ux-context-string="getting_started" />

I was expecting to be able to access the CSH token using a URL similar to that (which does not seem to work):

- index.html?rhmapid=getting_started
or
- index.html?rhmapno=getting_started

Accessing with rhmapid=1 worked fine in this case. Is there a way to use the ux-context-string instead?

Thanks,
Danilo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines