Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DITA Open Toolkit (DITA-OT) nothing happens when building output

New Here ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm trying to generate PDF2/XHTML using the DITA Open Toolkit with FrameMaker 12 but nothing happens when building the output.

I can see the command line start but is then immediately shutdown, and there is nothing generated in the output folder.

I have installed the Java JDK and set the Java_Home variable (before that the output options box didn't open).

Do anyone have a glue what is wrong?

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am from FrameMaker Engineering Team, Can you Please confirm the Exact Steps for this scenario? And If possible share the Files.

If the files contain any Images, are they present in some other Folder (other than from where the file is located)???

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan Keshari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have just tried to use a simple document for testing, incase I would run into trouble.

For example, I have created a DITA concept topic with a title and some paragraphs.

I save the document to: text_topic_en_001, and then try to publish with the DITA-OT.

I suspect I have installed the Java applications wrong, as the DITA-OT plug-in is already installed with FM12

Thanks for you reply Pawan Keshari

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm still stucking on trying to transform a dita.map in FrameMaker with the DITA-OT plugin.

But now I managed to get the DITA-OT up and running and processed a dita.map to PDF and XHTML.

I downloaded the Toolkit to D: directory that is not under the windows C:program files protection.

Could it be that DITA-OT for FM12 is installed in the C:program files directory which is locked for changed by windows that causes the build to fail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Just to Confirm :
1). You are able to get the Output from DITA-OT when you have downloaded it in D: Directory???

2). But you are stuck in getting Output from DITA-OT through Framemaker???

And for, that the DITA-OT is installed in C: , it doesn't make any difference. You will not be able to save any output in c: but you can save them anywhere else.

Can you tell us the exact step, so that we can find the cause of the failure and if possible the files.

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan Keshari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Yes, I downloaded the DITA-OT 1.8.4 and did the demo build (the sample files delivered with the Toolkit), however it didn't work at first, but after I moved the toolkit to D:directory instead of C:directory it worked.

2) Yes, still nothing happens when I'm trying to get the Output from DITA-OT through FrameMaker, I have tried many different files, so I don't think there is anything wrong with the files, due to the fact that I can process them with the DITA-OT but not through FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok then, can you please share the logs created after unsuccessful output generation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I click the "view log file" option, but I see any log file and I don't know where I find the file.

In the FrameMaker console, the following text is added

Running: C:\Users\ronny\AppData\Local\Temp\~ant-build.cmd .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snap.png

Hi,

You should get the Console something as shown in above Snapshot. Are you getting anything like this?

Can You Please Send me the Snapshots for the Steps you are doing and results of those steps.

It will help in diagnosing the Issue more promptly.

And the log files are created in the folder named "<build-filename>" e.g. "build-hierarchy.ditamap", This folder is created where your Files resides.

Thanks & Regards,

Pawan Keshari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pawan,

Sorrry for my delayd reply.

Yes I get the console as shown in your image, but I can only see the console start up but then it immediatly shuts down.

And the "<build-filename>" folder is empty.

Here are some Pictures of the steps:2.

1. I tried to change DITA-OT Directory, but it did not help at all, so I put it back to the FM folder as seen in image 1 & image 2.

Image 1

1_generating_dita_ot.jpg

Image 2

2_generating_dita_ot.jpg

2. Then I click pdf2 or xhtml and press Build. The console is started and shutdown, and the build folder is empty

3_generating_dita_ot.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are looking into it and will revert back as soon we find out the Issue regarding this.

Regards,

Pawan Keshari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Pawan,

Even am facing the same issue. But did not see any solution from you. Can you please post the solution to this issue.

Thanks

Sharada

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2018 Mar 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Could you provide the answer as Pawan Keshari said he whould do 4 years ago?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello , which version of FM are you using?

thanks,

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines