• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ditaval not working for nested topics, how can I filter topics?

Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

either I am not getting the FrameMaker to work or it fails miserably once it comes to hierarchical authoring. I hope it's my mistake though.
I have created a warehouse topic (wt.xml), using a DITA topic file. Inside the warehouse topic, I have created multiple topics, of course the topics are nested, I have also created audiences for each topic: some are chap1 and some are marked chap2.

Next, I have created two simple ditamaps. In both ditamaps, I insert a topicref to the warehouse topic. Consequently, they look identical so far. Last,  I have created two ditaval files: chapter1.ditaval and chapter2.ditaval. In the former, I include audiences with value chap1 and in the latter audiences with value chap2. Then, "as instructed by FrameMaker", I save Ditamap as Composite Document and activate Prompt For DitaVal File. It prompts for the ditaval file, I click coose. Now, I expect that in ditamap1, I see the topics, I have marked with chap1 and for ditamap2 the ones I have marked with chap2. Nope, nothing is filtered.

I really appreciate if someone would shed some light.

Hadi

ditamap_chapter1.PNG

warehouse_topic.PNG

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: ditaval works, if I exclude the topics that I do not want see rather than the including the topics that I want to see. If I only use include, it includes everything, not only the topics that I marked. All good 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines