• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DMC display at the foot of a S1000D 941 illustrated parts-IPD missing

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst testing FrameMaker 2019 trial I noticed the DMC doesn't display at the foot of a S1000D 941 illustrated parts-IPD. I have checked the example bicycle illustrated parts data in CSD (S1000DBIKE-AAA-D00-00-00-01AA-941A-D) That also appears to missing the DMC. All the other types of procedural, descriptive DM's appear to display the DMC. Just 941 IPD appears to have the problem.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

This is effectively a mismatch between the IPD EDD and the definition of a running Header/Footer variable. In the structured template for the S1000D IPD, the variable Running H/F 3 is defined as <$elemtext[dmCode(dmc)]>. The (dmc) part is looking for an element context label of 'dmc' in the element's definition. Unfortunately for the IPD EDD that context lable is missing, so the DMC is not shown in the footer.

As a quick work-around you can open the structured template for the IPD and edit the v

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is effectively a mismatch between the IPD EDD and the definition of a running Header/Footer variable. In the structured template for the S1000D IPD, the variable Running H/F 3 is defined as <$elemtext[dmCode(dmc)]>. The (dmc) part is looking for an element context label of 'dmc' in the element's definition. Unfortunately for the IPD EDD that context lable is missing, so the DMC is not shown in the footer.

As a quick work-around you can open the structured template for the IPD and edit the variable definition like this: <$elemtext[dmCode]>.

While that work-around will be correct for most IPD data modules, it will give incorrect results if you have any dmRef elements inside your data module. In that case the nearest dmc will be shown in the footer. I will fix the template and forward it to Adobe for inclusion in a future update for FM2019.

~ Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ian. I knew you would know the answer.

Haven't seen you since 1996 on the IOW at PBN. Keeping well I hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you could send me a copy of the amended template. We need to deliver an IPC to the client in a few weeks time and don't imagine FM will be updated that quickly. Didn't have any luck with the quick work round you suggested as couldn't see where to add <$elemtext[dmCode]>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bill!

Yes it's been a very long time. I'm still in Bembridge where I run my own software development business. How are you?

I'll send you a fixed template later today. Please look-out for a personal message from me.

Regards

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines