• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document [Name] uses unavailable fonts

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2017 Mar 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried almost everything to resolve this issue, which is preventing me from doing anything other than editing files using Framemaker 2015. When I attempt to generate a PDF from a book, I get the same message in a pop up. The document(s) contain linked Powerpoint and imported tiff images. On opening, I see the popup unavailable fonts message for any document I have created.

I have installed/reinstalled/removed/installed the offending font at least 4 times, but have not been able to resolve this issue.

Could this problem be related to my use of Arial fonts in the linked Powerpoint slides?

It has been YEARS since I used Framemaker, so; I will call me a novice with a deadline on Friday! Please help.

Thanks, in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go looking for the missing fonts. Use View > Pods > Fonts to locate the missing fonts, and then use the Replace button to replace the old versions with current ones. Spoiler: sometimes this doesn't work.

So for Plan B, open the files with the missing fonts before updating, and usually FrameMaker will update the book and allow you to create the PDF.

When you are not under deadline come back and we can talk about a better long-term solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Barb mentions, just open all of the files in the book (press the shift key first and then click on File > Open all files in Book) first and accept the missing font warnings. FM will make substitutions.

You can then update the book or SaveAsPDF without any further issue (in that session).

It's possible that your linking of the Powerpoint slides (which uses OLE) may be rendering these as EMFs in FM, and this may be affecting the actual font names used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines