• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anyone know if it is possible to output SVGs from framemaker without rasterizing?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2015 Sep 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the SVG to output with the Pantone color infromation retained. Images are 2 color, black and a pantone. Everytime I export or print to pdf the files are rasterized and converted. Pdf options are extremely limited from what I can see with Framemaker, but is there a different means of output that would solve my issue? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

re: I need the SVG to output with the Pantone color infromation retained.

That's two separate issues. Also, what is the target media? (press, PDF, web, etc.). What's the color model? (RGB or CMYK)

Reportedly, FM2015 now passes SVG through as vector, at least to XML or HTML output workflows. What version of FM are you using?

But does SVG support any sort of color management? Apparently SVG 2.0 supports CMYK encoding, but it's uncalibrated, and I doubt there's anyway to get the Pantone color name encoded in the output.

The historical work-around for this was to use Illustrator to convert the SVG to vector EPS, then import that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The target media varies. Basically we have a web based platform which exports xml that we import into framemaker. We currently use gif format for web applications and eps format for print (digital and offset). My goal was to utilize the SVG file format in order to use one overall image file. In theory everything worked fine until I tried exporting from framemaker. I guess I'm dead in the water if what you said is true though, and SVGs can't retained color names in the output. Thanks for your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines