• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

doubled, overlapping text when resizing equation bounding box

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any posts about anything like this, not sure if it's a known bug or if I should report it on Adobe "bugs" page or not.

I use FM 2015, up to date as of 7/31/2019, for PC. I find that often even after shrink-wrapping, FM leaves a tad too much space after whatever the final character is in the bounding box, such that when it's placed inline in a paragraph, and a word of text is supposed to follow, the space between the box and the word will be too large. If it truly shrink-wrapped right up to the very edge of the character in the bounding box (say, the way "fit artboard to artwork bounds" sizes an artboard precisely to the boundary of a drawing in Illustrator), then there'd be no problem; a spacebar space could be used with nothing further needed. But b/c this is not the case, I find I often have to grab the right edge of the bounding box, and size it inwards several points, getting it as close to the math character as possible w/out cutting the character off.

PROBLEM/GLITCH/or whatever: doing this causes other text onscreen to suddenly overlap itself, giving a "double vision" effect. Increasing or decreasing the zoom a notch makes this overlapping effect go away.....but it seems like this shouldn't be happening. And, in fact, it seems like it may be somewhat recent....I don't feel like it's always done this? Not sure if it changed after patching up about a year ago, maybe....wish I could remember. It's just a bit irritating to usually have to resize that one side of the bounding box in the first place, but then to have regular text go kerflooey due to this and then be forced to go down to the bottom of the page and zoom in or out a click, and then rezoom back just to get everything back to normal...well, has anyone else had this issue, or is anyone able to recreate it? 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Try <ctrl> - l (lowercase L) to refresh the screen whenever it looks "off".

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try <ctrl> - l (lowercase L) to refresh the screen whenever it looks "off".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that! I worked with a product called Framemaker + SGML almost 2 decades ago, and I used to use that control-L thing....I'd completely forgotten about it (I came back to using Frame again in 2017....this time, v 13  (which is Framemaker 2015, I think?). Funny how the display equations palette looks pretty much exacty the same as it did in 2002....but I didn't remember that screen refresh shortcut. I wonder if it was the same glitch that I needed to use it for, then...? hmmmmm....

While it's nice to know a quicker way to get back to normal than having to carefully and slowly navigate a pointer all the way down to extremely tiny "+" and "–" signs, the issue is still the issue --- unfortunately, this isn't something looking slightly "off" once in awhile --- it's completely out-of-kilter, and not random at all....and it's consistently triggered by simply pulling a bounding box in a point or so. I've also not seen anthing else cause this text effect...should it be reported to Adobe, or do they even care about fixing bugs in a several-years-out-of-date version like mine (from forum posters' comments, it sounds a bit unlikely!)....but it is even on their radar screen....?

Thanks again--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines