I would like to add to the template ours structuerd framemaker (22.214.171.1244) a dynamic ansi safety table.
it should look like:
the technical writer shoud be able to choose a ANSI Safety item.
all pictures should be choosable only the text (white space) should be written by the technical writer.
So far i bult the table (above picture) in the tamplate on the working page, the pictures are frames added by cell properties from the reference page.
In the EDD I started a table but i have now idea how to connect theme and make it dynamical.
Thise are te posibilitys to fill this table 25languages, minimum 10 pictures on the left, 5 safety states, 3 Pictures on the right.
has any one allready donne something lik this?
is it possible?
what would be the easyesed way?
As I understand the situation, you will probably need an element for each graphic. You can either use one element type, called something like SafetyTableGraphic, with an attribute that defines the particular graphic needed or have a different element type for each image. The EDD would insert the graphics using the Frame Above or Frame Below properties.
Beat, along with Lynne's comments, it is very difficult to determine what you want to do. It sounds complicated. More than likely, FrameMaker can do it, but it will require some advanced skills. It is not something that can be solved with a simple forum reply.
Thanks for your input, I think it helped me a lot.
what i have so far...
Pictures (inclueding red Frame behind "Gefahr") are being loaded over "absatzformate" and graphics Frames out of the reverence page of the template.
the title (Gefahr) comes diretly from the edd.
I have now following problems:
1. if i choose at  the safety symbol level 1, then in the next step at the title  it shouldent be possible to choose a different safety level. but right now it is. so any comination would be possible which is not good at all!!
I have allready tried to take the variable from Point  and used direclty in Point , but some how this is not working.
2. is it possible to Auto insert more then one element at once. right now they are inserted after each other unfortunately not on the same level, so the tecnical writer has to move the lower level element one level up.
thanks for your Feedback,
0. The position of the graphic depends on the anchored frame properties and possibly on the use of fixed line spacing. You can set the former in the EDD by using an InitialObjectFormat rule; you can set it in the document with Special > Anchored Frame or Graphics > Object Properties. You can set the latter in the EDD or the paragraph designer.
1. As I understand your question, you have two successive ANSI_Tabelle_Inhalt elements, each with a subelement that has an attribute. You want to enforce that the two attributes have the same value. I suggest creating a new element that contains the two ANSI_Tabelle_Inhalt elements and putting the attribute on this new container. The format rules can refer to an attribute of the parent.
2. Since FM 10, FM has allowed an AutoInsertions element in an EDD to contain multiple InsertChild subelements. (I'll let you translate the element names.)
Thanks for your help, after many hours more I finaly have a workable Version.
the table has 1row and 3colums
we are running right now the frist live test