• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Editing a large document (Original FM file missing - only have PDF)

New Here ,
May 25, 2016 May 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G'Day guys,

So as the topic header states, we have a 4 volume document, 400+ pages that I'm told were originally created in Framemaker. We have to make amendments to this document as it doesn't contain all the material we need it to, however, we don't posses the original Framemaker files - only .PDF versions. My question is are we able to reverse engineer this document by using Framemaker somehow?

It consists of a working navigation menu / contents at the beginning of the document and this is the main issue we are having trying to edit it in word. When we add a new page to the document it doesn't adjust page numbers. footers etc etc because we have lost this in the conversion from .PDF to .doc/.docx

I hope this makes sense, any extra info needed let me know. I just want to find out if purchasing a copy of Framemaker could allow me to make this ammendments myself or if I'm going to have to pay a page designer to rewrite this document.

Thanks in advance

Trent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can try exporting the content as RTF from the PDF using Acrobat and then re-import that using FM. WIth FM2015, you can set up the Word style mappings to match your required document template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines