Highlighted

Embedding custom fonts in responsive HTML5 output from FrameMaker

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating responsive HTML5 output from FrameMaker. Can you embed a custom font so the output looks correct no matter what fonts are installed on the users' machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Embedding custom fonts in responsive HTML5 output from FrameMaker

Participant ,
Jul 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating responsive HTML5 output from FrameMaker. Can you embed a custom font so the output looks correct no matter what fonts are installed on the users' machine?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 24, 2015 0
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, this can be done -- I have this working at present. I've set things up as follows:

1. Opened up the Publish Settings (.sts) file -- this is basically just a zip file.
  2. Created a 'fonts' folder in the directory there which controls the layout Responsive HTML5 (a subdirectory of !ScreenLayout!)
  3. Referred to the fonts in layout.css as follows:

@font-face {

font-family: MyFont;

src: url("fonts/myfont.eot");

}

You can then zip everything back up as an sts file and use it to publish.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2016 0