• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

empty page wont delete

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as many i have the same issue..i have tried all known ways to erase that extra page but it is always there

it drives me crazy,,,,does anyone have any "logical" reason why this happens and how can i prevent it from happening??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you tried? Usually, it's because you've told FM to keep an even number of pages (left & right) and the program is just trying to fulfill your wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, i guided it to delete empty pages and don't make them odd or even..
i tried each single order from pagination,,,with no luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the empty page in the middle of a file or appearing at the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at the end,,,

it appears after update,,,always
there ara other files in book (no blank pages are allowed)that do not add that empty page
is it a reference page issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried importing from a "correct behavior" file formats,,,no luck

still adding the blank unnecessary page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to double-check, because I'm not certain I completely understand.

You have a document that has its pagination set to Single-Sided, delete empty pages before saving and printing, but it keeps inserting a blank page at the end of the document? And even when you use Format > Document > Delete Pages, the empty page isn't deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exactly with the exception of "double sided" option that i want

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't have "double sided" and expect to not get a blank added because your content page count is an odd number!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I just created a lorem ipsum sample file that has only one page of content but is set to double-sided with delete empty pages, and it does save as only one page. The file is standalone, though, not part of a book, which may change the behavior.

I suspect there's either hidden content that is forcing the second page or a minor file corruption.

Dorothea, is the file part of a book, and does it have files after it? Also, have you tried running the file through a MIF wash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i  have at same book a file,

that is also set at single side using next available first page side and is set to delete empty pages,,,

it does not generate an extra blank page

i have saved as mif,,,

tried to disconnect

search for hidden text,,,

nothing

yes...it is a book where client wants no blank pages, yes files come after that

the weird thing is that this is an issue for all of us (we are a team) for a long time,,,
what is given to pagination and makes sence,,,it is auto changed after book update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry,,,, double sided i meant
"i  have at same book a file,

that is also set at double side using next available first page side and is set to delete empty pages,,,

it does not generate an extra blank page

"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not exactly sure what by "unning the file through a MIF wash"
you mean,,,,
if it is saving file as mif,,,i have tried this,,,and many more ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to see it in the context of the book and the chapters following each other.

Example

Given are two documents in a book:

Chapter 1: Pagination set to "Double Sided", "1st page Side" is set to "Right", and "Before Saving and Printing" is set to "Delete Empty Pages".

Chapter 2: Pagination set to "Double Sided", "1st page Side" is set to "Right", and "Before Saving and Printing" is set to "Delete Empty Pages".

Chapter 1 starts on the right side. Assumed it has only one page of content. But the following Chapter 2 has to start on a right page as well. This is obviously only possible if Chapter 1 gets an additional second page (which then becomes the left page facing the first page of Chapter 2.

So, you would need to manually set Chapter 2 to start on a left page. (Or to start on a right page, if the previous document ends on a left page.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you choose next available....what will happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do this only from the book file which will override the definition in the document.

Like this:

This will give you the result you want. You might need to update the book to get the repagination. Note, that FM will only delete the empty page and let chapter 2 start on a left page if page 2 in chapter 1 is really empty.

See also this sample files I have created that you can download here: http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/files/2018/11/Pagination.zip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have tried this way also,,,

since i have 10 files (ten chapters following a toc starting on page 3)

as previously explained i have tried every way...
well the only thing that finally convinced this file to behave as needed,was when i inserted reference pages from first mif file
i already had tried to insert from a "normal behavior" file formats that could have
something to do with that....

can you please explain what do you mean by
really empty?
what else should i check?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what I mean with "really empty" is: While the text flow might look empty, maybe there is just one single empty paragraph left on this page? → try to delete it. Only if the text flow end ($) is on the previous page, the following "empty" page is really empty.

Also, there might be some other object on the page outside of the text flow. Maybe a simple text line somewhere on the page or a small graphic. → Click outside of the main text frame and press ctrl+a. Is there any object getting selected?

If importing reference pages from some other file helped, then this is something to look at. You will need to look at the difference in the reference pages before and after importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are times when settings in one file fill affect the pagination of the previous file.  Check the pagination settings of the files below the problem file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines