Highlighted

Error 15044

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently keep getting error '15044 - FrameMaker encountered a serious error'.  Adobe Tech Team took my app log by e-mail but couldn't ascertain the reason for the error.  This error appears randomly, not specifically after any action, and closes FrameMaker and all my unsaved work is lost.  Previously a file was corrupted and I could not open or retrieve any data from the file. Appreciate any info on how to avoid this.

TOPICS
Error, Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error 15044

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently keep getting error '15044 - FrameMaker encountered a serious error'.  Adobe Tech Team took my app log by e-mail but couldn't ascertain the reason for the error.  This error appears randomly, not specifically after any action, and closes FrameMaker and all my unsaved work is lost.  Previously a file was corrupted and I could not open or retrieve any data from the file. Appreciate any info on how to avoid this.

TOPICS
Error, Technical Communication Suite

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since no one has found what's causing it yet, I'd just take steps to mitigate it - run as Admin, save frequently, keep patched up, maybe MIF-wash your files, and see if there's some common set of actions that seem to bring it on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just realised today that when I import a large image and use Object Catalog to resize it, this error occurs. I am not sure to whom this information will be helpful. I will save the file before I do this action next time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that you have a lead on what's causing it, I'd log a bug in the Tracker and describe what causes it and give them your error logs and the graphic that can trip the error.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'm not sure how to log a bug in the Tracker. Last time I raised a ticket contacting customer service. Is there a link for the Bug Tracker?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In the Adobe Tracker you can log bugs or suggest new features.

Just open this website and describe your issue: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/home 

When you are not logged in automatically, log in with your Adobe ID.

Best regards

Winfried

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0
pulkitn LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jospeph ,

As per you .dmp file , I would recommend you to update the FrameMaker by Help-->Update .

If you face any issue while updating then you can contact TCS support at (tcssup@adobe.com)

-Pulkit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 13, 2020 0