• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: Multiple anchors for the same table, frame, or footnote.

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeking some ideas on how to troubleshoot an error I received in Framemaker 10:

MIF: "(null)" (1053289): Multiple anchors for the same table, frame, or footnote.

MIF: "(null)" (1053289): Multiple anchors for the same table, frame, or footnote.

Graphic file can not be replaced with Text file.

From what I can tell of this error....somewhere in the .mif file, FrameMaker is saying that there is more than one frame with the same number.

At least that’s the way I read the error above.

There are no tables or footnotes in the document, so it must be a frame somewhere. Any tips on how to troubleshoot where this might be?  I've scoured the internet for help, with no luck or further understanding.  My file this error occurs in is 1250 pages so it would take a while to go page by page to figure it out.

Thanks for any insight.

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

When did you get this error message? What happened before? What did you do before this message popped up?

Is this a binary FrameMaker file or a MIF file?

What are you allowed to do?

If this is a binary file, can you still save the file as MIF?

If you have a MIF file, I would search for the number in the error message.

Use MIFBrowse for this:

FrameMaker MIFBrowse

Best regards

Winfried

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines