• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ESTK quirks

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During development of my script I do not use the (established FM-)menu to invoke its functions, but normally test via ESTK.

Of course I expected the same beahviour in using Notify whether I start the script via ESTK or directly out of FM.

The very first thing the script (during development) is the presentation of a small dialog which lets me choose the function to be tested:

Dialogue C, Dialogue S, Dialogue DS. The dialogues contain selection lists which are filled from items from the current document (e.g. the list of vaiables of type #calc). When Switching the document, a Notify function is (should be) invoked to refresh the content of the dialgue according to the current document.

All works correctly if I start the script via File > Script > Run or from the Catalogue > Favourites:

• invoke Dialogue C
    • variables are OK from document
  • Switch document
    • Notify is invoked (alert)
    • Variables are updated from document

But this does not work correctly when starting from ESTK:

• invoke Dialogue C
    • variables are OK from document
  • Switch document
    • Notify is not invoked (no alert)
    • Variables are not refreshed
  • Use butto Refresh in dialogue
    • Variables now correspond to document
  • Switch document
    • Notify is invoked (alert)
    • Variables are updated from document 

The Refresh button mainly does the same as the Notify function. It's strange that after using the Refresh button the Notify function starts to behave. That is, switching the document from now on invokes the Notify function!

This is as least strange for me.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?