Highlighted

Exporting graphic file names as well as conditional text to XML

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I am a newcomer to FrameMaker and have been working with it for the last couple of months as a developer: I am in a project where content from structured FrameMaker documents has to be exported into an applicaton we are supporting. After checking out various XML formats, we found that the DocBook one included the file name of graphic files (href), which is what we wanted. After some time, we were given the requirement to also export conditional text. We found that conditional text was not included in the DocBook format, but was included in a lot of other XML formats. However, we haven't found any XML format other than DocBook including the graphic file names. Could somebody advise the best course of action? Is it possible to export to XML such that graphic file names as well as conditional text is exported? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Content migration, Structured, XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Exporting graphic file names as well as conditional text to XML

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I am a newcomer to FrameMaker and have been working with it for the last couple of months as a developer: I am in a project where content from structured FrameMaker documents has to be exported into an applicaton we are supporting. After checking out various XML formats, we found that the DocBook one included the file name of graphic files (href), which is what we wanted. After some time, we were given the requirement to also export conditional text. We found that conditional text was not included in the DocBook format, but was included in a lot of other XML formats. However, we haven't found any XML format other than DocBook including the graphic file names. Could somebody advise the best course of action? Is it possible to export to XML such that graphic file names as well as conditional text is exported? Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Content migration, Structured, XML author

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0

Have something to add?