Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExtendScript Equivalent of the FrameMaker Command File > Publish > Basic HTML

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for an ExtendScript equivalent of the FrameMaker command File > Publish > Basic HTML.

Specifically, I would like to see how the command identifies and assigns filenames to the graphics. For example, inset_0.jpg, inset_1.jpg, and <filename>001.jpg.

I need to write an ExtendScript that exports the graphics from a FrameMaker file, and I would like that script to use the same logic that the File > Publish > Basic HTML command uses so that the graphic filenames are named in the same way.

Take care,

Jason

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some code you can use to figure it out. I like to do things with functions, although having a separate function for each call in this case may not be necessary. But it will get you started.

#target framemaker

var stsFile = "C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\AdobeFrameMaker12\\fminit\\Publisher\\Default.sts";  
var input = "C:\\DATA\\Scripts\\DeleteMe2.fm";
var folder = "C:\\DATA\\Scripts\\HTML5";  
var output = "Responsive HTML5";  

// Set the sts path.  
setSts (stsFile); 
setInputFile (input);
setOutputFolder (folder);  
publishOutput (output);  

function setSts (stsFile) {  

var cmd = "SetMCPSetting " + stsFile;  
    alert (cmd);  
    return CallClient ("FMPublisher", cmd);  
}  

function setInputFile (file) {  

var cmd = "SetInputFile " + file;  
    alert (cmd);  
}     

function setOutputFolder (folder) {  

var cmd = "SetOutputLocation " + folder;  
    alert (cmd);  
}     

function publishOutput (output) {  

var cmd = "MCPPublish " + output;  
    alert (cmd);  
}     

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note that the alerts in each function are just for debugging purposes and you will have to take them out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply.

I ran your example, and I understand what it does by calling the Publish HTML5 command. That's pretty neat, BTW. I didn't know you could use CallClient with variables like that. It's sort of like FCodes, only much better 🙂

This is not exactly what I am looking for, however. I was asking if there is a way to understand the underlying code for the Publish > Basic HTML command in order to see how the command identifies and names the graphic files in its output. I have an ExtendScript that extracts the graphics from a file and converts them all to PDF format. I want my ExtendScript to function exacly  like the Publish > Basic HTML command in terms of extracting the graphics. The goal is to use both commands together so that I can run Publish > Basic HTML, but then replace graphic files in the assets folder that is created from the Publish > Basic HTML command. The graphic filenames do not match.

For example, the Publish > Basic HTML command produces the following files in the assets folder:  inset_0.jpg, inset_1.jpg, inset_2.jpg, overview0005.jpg.

My ExtendScript produces the following files: overview-graphic0.pdf, overview-graphic1.pdf, overview-graphic2.pdf, overview-graphic3.pdf.

So I either need to change my ExtendScript to fix the filenames in exactly the same way the Publish > Basic HTML does, or I need to customize the Publish > Basic HTML command to convert the graphics to PDF instead of JPG.

Do you have any suggestions? I was thinking that I might contact an Adobe developer for help with this to understand how the Publish > Basic HTML command handles graphics and see if there is a way to replicate that part of the command as an ExtendScript.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines