• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extendscript/Framemaker Compatibility

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there release notes or a compatibility matrix that indicates which versions of ESTK are compatible with versions of FM? Specifically, will the "AdobeExtendScriptToolkit_4_LS22.exe" version interface with FM 11 or FM 14? The version I have installed hangs after processing a large number of paragraphs. I'm hoping a newer version fixes the problem.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Check out this thread. As far as I know, this hasn't been fixed in any version of ExtendScript.

ExtendScript limit on how many paragraphs can be processed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out this thread. As far as I know, this hasn't been fixed in any version of ExtendScript.

ExtendScript limit on how many paragraphs can be processed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. That was the thread that let me know that I was not alone, and that prompted me to hope it had been fixed. I was able to reduce the number of paragraphs by just analyzing Body pages, following one of Russ Ward's examples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ESTK is no longer maintained by Adobe as all scripting support has moved to the ExtendScript Extension for Visual Studio Code. I have tried this package and it does work OK, but I do miss a couple of functions from ESTK. But there is nothing we can do about it. It is a little anoying that some features in JSX that work in ESTK need to be changed to work in the Javascript support of Visual Studio Code. Some things, like include files, have been implemented in a crappy way in VS Code. But again, there is nothing we can hope to do about this as the product is created by Microsoft and the community of scripters for FrameMaker is almost infinitely small comapred to their main user base.
So, you can forget about newer versions of ESTK - there will not be new versions. If you want to keep using ESTK the version you have is what you will have to work with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines