• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ExtendScript Toolkit hangs on every run

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using 64-bit Windows 10 and FrameMaker 2019 and 2020 (64-bit). When I click the run button in ExtendScript, the script runs and finishes normally, but ExtendScript hangs for a few seconds and give me a "Not Responding" message. Sometimes it will happen again when I click in the script's window to continue editing. Saving the script sometimes hangs it for a few seconds too. Does anyone else experience this? Should I switch to Visual Studio Code or something else? It is quite frustrating that Adobe doesn't maintain and update their scripting tools.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experience the same thing.
Sometimes this happens to me when I am debugging. Then the screen goes pale and I have to wait for a longer time until I can continue working. Sometimes I also have to exit ESTK and I am not able to save the script anymore.
I will not switch to Visual Studio Code, because that means too much effort for me. I guess I will have to live with it.

It seems that Adobe neither develops the ESTK further, nor fixes errors. But this problem seems to be Microsoft's fault (.NET).
I would like to have more planning security regarding the future of ExtendScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should I switch to Visual Studio Code or something else? It is quite frustrating that Adobe doesn't maintain and update their scripting tools

Yes, this is really frustrating... See your other post - nothing has changed since then.

However, I have other complaints with VS Code - but with all these problems I'm still much faster, because there are no such deleays built in. It just looses the connection to the Extension Host quite often. But even closing VS Code, restarting it etc. does not take that long as waiting in ESTK for an ordinary close ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here I was thinking, I would miss something, using wrong preferences or being plainright stupid. But when Framemaker scripting legends like you, Rick and Klaus, encounter the same issues, it might not even be my fault...

In addition: Is the ESTK also extremely slow once it is linked to the app that it was made for? I can watch the letters appear one after another when I start typing and ESTK is linked to FrameMaker 2019...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

preferences = settings
I cannot find the "edit" button. Maybe I AM kinda slow today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines