• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extensive Framemaker Server 12 issues

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2014 Apr 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're moving from a history of utilizing patternstream and the normal Framemaker desktop edition in a way that would make the existing server software pale by comparison - but we discovered our setup might have been outside the license agreement, so we scuttled that mechanism in "favor" of purchasing the server edition.   Since then we've had multiple problems with sparse technical support.  In desperation I'll list the problems here on the outside chance that some kind soul might have some advice.

Architecture:

Hardware: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5670 @ 2.93 GHz (Virtual Box)

Framemaker Publishing Server Version: 12.0.1

Issues:

1. Running locally on the server, when I attempt to browse the file path in the "Specify Input Task" dialog associated with creating a new task, I am unable to and a popup says "The applet request was denied."  I am running the server on an administrative account.  The same holds true for attempting to create a template.

2. #1 is not a problem via remote machines running the web interface, but after selecting a task and specifying a Framemaker 12 (.fm) document as input, the task will not run, and a message stating "Input file type not supported. Please select the correct file type."

3. Attempting to create a template on an external box via the web browser results in a perpetual "IO exception. Could not complete the requested action."  However, I did get this to work ONCE by putting in an IP based path in "Output Directory."  However, the next time I returned to the page the template no lnger appeared in the template list.

4. It seems as if I need to authenticate at least 3 times for any one action on the server.  Putting in bogus credentials doesn't seem to make a difference one way or another.

There are more issues than just these, but I'll leave it at this for now.  Any suggestions appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does "(Virtual Box)" imply that you are running FMPS in a virtual machine rather than on the bare metal?

if so, does it run when intalled directly on WS2008R2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm running it on a virtual machine that is running WS2008R2.  That's the configuration that is giving me problems... sorry if I misunderstood your question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Yep, I'm running it on a virtual machine that is running WS2008R2.

So the WS2008R2 itself is running in a VM?

And then FMPS is running within WS2008R2?

I'm no expert on this sort of configuration, but anyone here who is might find these details to be critical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to all.  Thanks for helping me clarify!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Al,

You would need to add one step to the FM Server installation:

Go to Application pools > fmps12 > Advanced Settings > Process Model > Identity > Custom Account and set credentials as following:

• User name: Enter \ keeping them same as the details entered for the machine
  • Password: Enter the password you entered for machine
  • Confirm Password: Re-enter your password.

Regards,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines