• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra level showing up in HTML5 Output

Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I publish a FrameMaker unstructured manual to Responsive HTML5 using the Publish pod, the output has a navigation structure with extra levels that aren't really needed (shown in yellow below). How do I turn these off?

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Responsive HTML5

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they in your TOC? Have you checked your settings to see what levels are generating topics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually don't have a TOC for this Frame book shown in the example; we only do them for larger books. I'm not sure where to look to see what levels are generating topics. These are some of my settings: 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that "PageBreak" marker present with those headings that you don't want to show as headings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know but I don't think that's what's causing it because I tried a test where I unchecked that box and published the output and the same thing happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're not using a TOC, I suspect that FM is using the indent levels to "figure out" what should be considered a heading in the TOC it builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

1. I find that in order for my HTML 5 help to appear correctly I need to have a Frame TOC file even if I do not use it in the Frame book; it needs to be part of the book which I am using to make the help.

I use the settings below which work, maybe you want to try?

HelpContentSettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please create a TOC for the book as you would do for making a PDF output. While generating HTML5, Framemaker's will adopt the same TOC for generating a navigation sidebar.

Regards,

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same thing is happening in a longer book that I do have a TOC for though. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a TOC in Frame for this book I'm testing, and I tried your settings as shown. I'm still getting the extra levels that a user has to click on to open something they can actually click on to go to that page. It just seems silly and unnecessary from a usability perspective. 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the styling applied to those unwanted headings - can you show us the FM screen where the topic appears?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what version of FM are you using & what layout is being used? Is it happening if you try another layout or output format?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the 2019 release version 15.0.2.503. I'm using Azure_blue layout. I'll try the Charcoal layout and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's a bit behind - try updating and regenerating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what my Frame book looks like. The HTML output seems to be making a navigation heading for each group I have in the Frame book because the "Frontmatter" heading is NOT in my TOC, but it is a group in my FrameMaker book as shown below.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what it looks like when I try the charcoal layout. Same problem.Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does the TOC for PDF work perfectly? We too had a similar problem with the HTML5 output but solved it by creating a proper TOC for the book. Please also ensure that the Add all Topics... checkbox is selected in the Style Mapping of HTML output.  2019-12-05_21-16-10.jpg

Regards

Apurva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And can you update to the latest update 15.0.4.751?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now updated and still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now updated to 15.0.4.751 and still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's have a look at the actual FM doc for that "Safety Standards Used for.." doc - what's in there that's triggering the heading...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-created my TOC and now it's working! 

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 07, 2019 Dec 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great

The help files for FrameMaker do not seem to explain how to make Responsive HTML that works.

They advertised a webinar on this subject this Thursday.

Maybe it will be helpful for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines