• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

extra page in framemaker 10

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a chapter file with a blank page at the end. There is definitely no text on the Body page. There's a header on the Master page.

I have tried deleting the last page, but it reappears when I save or print.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the master page, but I don't know what exactly.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

I agree with checking Pagination, but if you need a double-sided document, leave that setting alone. Instead, direct your focus to Before Saving and Printing. What does it say?

VMware Fusionss_001.png

Note that you can do this at the document level, but it's easier, IMHO, to handle pagination settings at the book level, because you can manage them all at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ted,

Most likely in Format > Page Layout > Pagination the setting is Double sided.

If you have a single page only document this will always save and print 2 pages (recto, verso)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have three pages of content in the chapter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with checking Pagination, but if you need a double-sided document, leave that setting alone. Instead, direct your focus to Before Saving and Printing. What does it say?

VMware Fusionss_001.png

Note that you can do this at the document level, but it's easier, IMHO, to handle pagination settings at the book level, because you can manage them all at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! It says Make Page Count Even, which is probably making it add a page. I can set that to Delete Empty Pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines