• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extract Index Markers

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Framemaker, can the product keyword that is stored in an index marker be extracted with an association to the models or parts# it references?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extracted to where? The index marker text is going to appear in your index with a reference back to the place where the marker is placed. Is that what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extract to a spreadsheet.......all the index markers with the association to the part#s they reference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of FM are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an old version.........Version 6.0 p357, also I do have Framescript version 5.2R1p245.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think scripting is the only way to go - I'm going to move this thread over to that forum - you might look at contacting a script-guru like Rick Quatro for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked with Rick on many projects......a script-guru he is!! Thanks for the input Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a bunch of scripting gurus on this forum. But you will have to provide more details fur us to make sense of your question. Try listing a sample marker text (or a couple) and show which info should be extracted. Then we might be able to tell you how this can be crafted.

4everJang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Karen, Rick here. Let me know if you want to meet so you can show me what you need to do. Thanks. rick at frameexpert dot com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines