• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

F_ApiGetTextForRange and F_ApiGetText are returning incorrectly encoded mdash and ndash characters

Contributor ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a bug report with Adobe (FRMAKER-9478 ) for this bug. I have copied the problem description from there for reference.

When F_ApiGetTextForRange and F_ApiGetText return text containing mdash and ndash characters, with the flags FTI_String | FTI_TextObjId and encoding set to FrameRoman, they are returned as \x14 and \x13, instead of \xd1 and \xd0. If the flag is FTI_String, they are returned correctly as \xd1 and \xd0.

The bug occurs with both 2019 and 2020, but not in 2017. The bug report lists workarounds, the use of UTF-8 encoding is the one I have implemented. Please note that other special characters may be affected and/or other FDK calls. I have verified the two mentioned above fail.

I would appreciate it if you would vote for this rather bizarre bug to be fixed by Adobe.

Thanks Jon.

TOPICS
Error , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jon, thank you for the details. I upvoted it in the tracker. -Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines