• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Fairly urgent) Win10 - Did recent update screw up Publish feature?

Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Using Framemaker 13.0.5.547 on Windows 10. Checked if any Frame updates are pending -- none are listed.)

Win10 insisted on loading an update today and when it did, I encountered the issue where Print Book won't work when I choose the Adobe PDF printer. Annoying, but I can live (for now) with saving the Book as a pdf.

However... I just tried to Publish the book to html5. This was working the last time I tried it (a month ago).

Now... when I publish to html5, images are not being published:

- if they have any annotations using tools from the Graphics Toolbar (e.g. lines and text lines).

- if they are .ai files

- Note - These were the first two types of images that I found aren't publishing - I haven't checked other image possibilities yet.

[edit: Changing the Publish Settings (the .sts file) - Image Settings makes a bit of a difference. I de-selected 'Use Distiller to Generate Image' and republished. Non-vector image formats (e.g. .png, .jpg) generate (with or without annotations), but at reduced quality. Illustrator (.ai) images still do not publish.]

To be sure that I hadn't done anything incorrectly, I went back to the files that I had saved when I last published this book, and generated using the exact same steps as before -- and those images aren't publishing.

So... the problem is new (to me at least). Is there a known issue of this type, possibly related to the Windows update having occurred?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

I would highly suspect that the Win10 1803 issue has bitten you - as you discovered, the high quality images get processed by Distiller & that's what the 1803 update pooched. Your best bet is to revert back to 1709 or earlier and wait out the anticipated 1803 fix in July.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would highly suspect that the Win10 1803 issue has bitten you - as you discovered, the high quality images get processed by Distiller & that's what the 1803 update pooched. Your best bet is to revert back to 1709 or earlier and wait out the anticipated 1803 fix in July.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh. Thanks.

I had not created any restore points before this (installed Win10 a few months ago, right before 1803 became available, I believe) and had held off (as far as I know) any updates.

Restored to the restore point that was created automatically when the update ran yesterday and ... I'm still on 1803.

Time to dig around and find out if there's a way to get 1709 from *somewhere* 😞

(Any thoughts?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought there was a way to go into the list of installed Win updates and reverse them (but I could just be imagining that)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On-line chat with Windows support and ... it wasn't horrible (I was pleasantly surprised).

Went to Settings and followed a path (that now looks different from the same screen in 1709) to Recovery and selected the option to Restore previous version. Didn't hold out much hope since I hadn't (as noted) created an earlier restore point.

Restored. Rebooted. And ... on 1709!

Just did the publish and 99% of my images published properly (only 1 image failed to appear, so I assume it's a different issue (likely related to the anchored frame installation position).

<RESTORE POINT CREATED TO AVOID THIS PROBLEM REOCCURING>

Thanks Jeff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines