Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FDK 2017 linker error

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have installed the 2017 FDK to compile a previous project. I think I have set all the options correctly but when trying to build I get some errors related to the linker. This is the first one:

error LNK2038: mismatch detected for '_MSC_VER': value '1600' doesn't match value '1800' in fdk.lib(fde_netlib.obj)

From what I have investigated it appears that the fdk.lib was compiled with VS2012, in the FDK requirements it says to use VS2010 like I have done with previous releases, but in this case I think the FDK libs should be compiled with 2010 also. Please let me know if this is the case or if I can try something else.

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Hi Russ,

Hi carlosn41051594,

I'm not that fast than, so I haven't had a chance to compile against FDK2017 and I didn't run into this linker error, yet.

My Information is, that FDK2017 is built with Visual Studio 2013.

_MSC_VER 1600 = VS2010

_MSC_VER 1700 = VS2012

_MSC_VER 1800 = VS2013

So this confirms my Information. So I think documentation is wrong.

I'm sure there will be ways to work around this, or to reference MSC binaries from Studio 2013 in Studio 2010, but the easiest way is, to upgrade your St

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carlosn41051594,

I don't have a solution for you, but I wanted to let you know that I did a quick test and I got the same results. I am using VS2010 Express. It is very possible that the documentation is wrong about the VS version, as it contains other fiction related to project settings that have been obsolete for a decade. Please keep us informed if you make any progress on this.

Thanks,

Russ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Russ,

Hi carlosn41051594,

I'm not that fast than, so I haven't had a chance to compile against FDK2017 and I didn't run into this linker error, yet.

My Information is, that FDK2017 is built with Visual Studio 2013.

_MSC_VER 1600 = VS2010

_MSC_VER 1700 = VS2012

_MSC_VER 1800 = VS2013

So this confirms my Information. So I think documentation is wrong.

I'm sure there will be ways to work around this, or to reference MSC binaries from Studio 2013 in Studio 2010, but the easiest way is, to upgrade your Studio Version.

Hope this helps.

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Wiedenmaier, you are right, 1800 is for VS2013. I have installed express edition in another machine and it builds fine, so basically to use the 2017 FDK you need VS2013. From what I read you cannot use binaries from other release or at least in most cases is not convenient. Wonder if 2013 is really needed or Adobe could compile the FDK with 2010, in my case I can upgrade to 2013 but not sure if it is the case for everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2017 Feb 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

everyone should. VS2010 is 7 years old...

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines