• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > import > formats (Esc f i o)

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that Esc f i o does not work in v2020. (Esc f i f does....) I hate using mouse-driven menus and want all of my memorized shortcut keys to work when I upgrade versions. Is there a workaround? Or do I have to wait for Adobe to create a patch? Does anyone know of any other shortcuts that don't work?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like they assigned two shortcuts to Esc f i o, this one and one for importing videos, Esc f i o v.

Frame really doesn't like that happening.

If you don't expect to be importing video files, you can edit the cmds.cfg file in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2020\fminit\configui folder (make a backup FIRST) and remove or comment out the one for importing video files, then save and close the cmds.cfg file and restart FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whups. If you do this, you'll get a console message that the Import Video command isn't defined, because it's still in the menus.cfg. 

Remember to make a backup copy of both cmds.cfg and menus.cfg BEFORE making any edits.

• cmds.cfg is located in: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2020\fminit\configui
  • menus.cfg is located in: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe FrameMaker 2020\fminit\WorkSpaces\UnStructured\WYSIWYGView\menus

1. Open cmds.cfg in a text editor and look for "ImportOnlineVideo", then delete the section containing it.
  2. Save and close cmds.cfg
  3. Open menus.cfg in a text editor and search again for "ImportOnlineVideo", then delete the line containing it.
  4. Save and close menus.cfg and restart FrameMaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added a bug for this: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/FRMAKER-9481

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I just changed the fiov shortcutcut for importing a video to Esc f i v in cmds.cfg, and that did it. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines