• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

file > import > formats not working

Advisor ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using FM19, fully patched even if I am still stuck with Windows 7.0 + corporate upgrades.

I have a book with eight chapters.

I update the master pages (new footer layout) in one chapter and save the changes.

I select all the other chapters in the book and run File > Import formats with Paragraph formats, Character formats and Page layouts selected plus the options to remove Manual page breaks and Other overrides …

… and nothing happens! same behaviour if I try to upgrade just one chapter file. (and no, I haven't locked them by mistake)

Any suggestions on what's happening and/or on how to get the expected update will be appreciated! 

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Thanks for the reminder, Barb – yup, I'd remembered that. Taking a closer look, though, I think I may have had the wrong file open to specify as the source. Ooops. The problem disappeared once I used the right file :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FieryPantone:

Did you remember to pick the Import From Document file on the top row of the Import Formats dialog box? Sometimes we get all caught up in the checkboxes and overlook that important first step.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder, Barb – yup, I'd remembered that. Taking a closer look, though, I think I may have had the wrong file open to specify as the source. Ooops. The problem disappeared once I used the right file :-}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love it when it is something simple! 😊

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the help world, we typically call this kind of problem "the nut behind the wheel." But we we will resist. (Hoping everyone has a good sense of humor.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've also heard PBCAK, for 'problem between chair and keyboard'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines