• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File > Save as .pdf fails with Error: undefined: Offending command 009999ffffff

Advisor ,
Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted about this before, and from all the tests I've managed to make it's related to the undeletable FM8 conditions – at least, if I save the guilty file as .mif and delete the conditions then it distills OK … once. Save as .mif after distill has failed reveals that FM has put back the conditions unasked. Why it's then interfering with a file where no conditions are applied is beyond me.

I think I got as far as adding this to the bug-log for FM12 – can someone remind me how to go back to the bug-log and check?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

The link info to the bugbase is on this Forum's Overview page [ https://forums.adobe.com/community/framemaker/overview ]

The direct link to the bugbase is: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

When you log in to the bugbase with your AdobeID, you should see all of the bugs that you have entered, as well as those that you have voted on [i.e. the more people that vote on a bug (or feature), the faster the engineering team will address that particular issue; you can vote on all bugs submitted by anyo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link info to the bugbase is on this Forum's Overview page [ https://forums.adobe.com/community/framemaker/overview ]

The direct link to the bugbase is: https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm

When you log in to the bugbase with your AdobeID, you should see all of the bugs that you have entered, as well as those that you have voted on [i.e. the more people that vote on a bug (or feature), the faster the engineering team will address that particular issue; you can vote on all bugs submitted by anyone, except for yourself]. It's a good idea to browse the bugs and features and cast some votes...

If you can't find the bug listed, you can use the Search tab to look for the bug. Just remember to select FM from the Product list, specify the type (Bug or Feature or both) and which version (12, in your case), to quickly narrow down the list (there are currently 9 pages of bugs/features listed for FM versions 11 to 2015 of which FM12 has 76 bugs listed). You can also specify your name in the "Reported by" field.

Note: the Execute Search button is in the bottom left corner of the tab window. Do NOT click on the Find Bug/Feature ID button in the upper right corner of the screen.

I did a search and I believe that this is bug that you are referring to: Bug#4093614 - files with referenced graphics are rejected / flushed by Distiller

I think you need to submit more info on what is happening and how you have to do the workaround. If you can, please submit a sample file that always fails for you. IF engineering can reproduce the problem with your file, then the bug will get elevated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to the Bugbase is back on the main FM forums page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 24, 2016 Mar 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Arnis - I will head for the bugbase and see what's to be done. In the meantime, the problem is now arising with a brand-new file containing nothing but text: while other files in teh same book, with referenced graphics, are fine. Decidedly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 01, 2016 Sep 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Niels,

We had investigated this issue earlier, not sure if this is related to "Courier" font usage in your files:

The reason behind the "Offending Command" could be due to a Font family “Courier” used in those documents.

“Courier New” should be used in place of “Courier” from Windows 7 onwards.

If the references of "Courier" is replaced with “Courier New” then the save as pdf should get corrected. Let us know if it helps. Also pls mention the bug# you logged.

Regards,

Amit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines