Highlighted

File names appear in WebHelp Content list in FrameMaker 12

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating webhelp in FrameMaker 12, file names appear in the Content list instead of the headings. In Chrome only the books appear. In IE, the books expand for only the first topic but the name of the topic shows the title for the help and not the actual heading. The content in the displayed page is fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File names appear in WebHelp Content list in FrameMaker 12

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When generating webhelp in FrameMaker 12, file names appear in the Content list instead of the headings. In Chrome only the books appear. In IE, the books expand for only the first topic but the name of the topic shows the title for the help and not the actual heading. The content in the displayed page is fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 13, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the file names, I had this issue previously and solved it; I hope I remember the solution correctly.

Next to the Settings file, click the Edit button.

In the Publish Settings dialog box that opens, click Style Mapping.

Scroll down till you get to General Settings

Click General Settings.

You need to play with the settings here till you get what you want

1. Check Add all Topics to Table of Contents

2. Click on the drop-down box next to Topic Name Pattern.

instead of <filename>

you should  be able to select <$paratext>

This was for version 13.

I hope these settings are also for version 12, but probably something similar is available, you need to look around in that dialog box.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 13, 2018 0