Highlighted

find and replace initial caps

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if Framemaker has a global search and replace function for undoing initial caps in sentences. I vaguely remember Word being able to do this, but it's been some time since I've used Word. I've inherited a document where the author used init caps on nearly everything.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Find/Change is powerful in FrameMaker but doesn't address that specific issue. If you are going to stay in FrameMaker to fix it, you could either:

1. Show the Text Formatting Toolbar to access the change case buttons (maroon):
VMware Fusionss_011.png
2. Use the keyboard shortcuts:
Google Chromess_018.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

find and replace initial caps

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering if Framemaker has a global search and replace function for undoing initial caps in sentences. I vaguely remember Word being able to do this, but it's been some time since I've used Word. I've inherited a document where the author used init caps on nearly everything.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Barb Binder | Adobe Community Professional

Find/Change is powerful in FrameMaker but doesn't address that specific issue. If you are going to stay in FrameMaker to fix it, you could either:

VMware Fusionss_011.png
Google Chromess_018.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 08, 2016 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

VMware Fusionss_011.png
Google Chromess_018.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb. I suspected as much, but wanted to check. I'm still scratching my head wonder what software I used in the past that did have this capacity.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 09, 2016 0