Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixed Layout Format ePub3

Contributor ,
Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

New to FM 2015, been learning by creating a 160+ page guide. Coming along...

Have tested publishing to eBook (ePub and Kindle) and am finding, so far, that on a large desktop (on which I am developing the guide), the published output for ePub, Mobi, using 8.5" X 11" page size, doesn't look as good as it looks when saved as PDF (which holds its format).

I'm wondering if there is a better page size to use in FM 2015 for eBook type publishing and display. InDesign CC (I have CS6) now has a fixed layout publishing option for ePub3. Is there a way to achieve this, or a similar workaround, in FM to improve eBook display?

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2016 Dec 22, 2016

IIRC ePubs don't have a "page size" per se - they reflow to fit the viewer they're displayed on. have a look at Matt R. Sullivan's blog post on ePubs - [Guest Post] “ePUB Tips and Tricks”, by Matt Sullivan – TechComm Central by Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC ePubs don't have a "page size" per se - they reflow to fit the viewer they're displayed on. have a look at Matt R. Sullivan's blog post on ePubs - [Guest Post] “ePUB Tips and Tricks”, by Matt Sullivan – TechComm Central by Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for this lead. I began reading and can see that I have some work to do to try to get the format into better shape for eBook publishing. I'll give it a try.

Best Wishes,

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines