• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flow of text to new page

Explorer ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 4-column template that I am working in; the text runs off the bottom of the last column, but does not start a new page or run to the next page.  It disappears into the footer, although I know it's still there.  There is a second page below it with the same 4-column format.  I can see the text "Modulation Type" continuing below the footer before the rest disappears.  I tried placing the cursor at the end of the paragraph and selecting "Top of Page", and also tried Special->Page Break and selecting the "At Top of Next Available" option, but nothing has worked.  I'm sure I don't have something set up correctly.  The image below is displays the bottom of the 4th column of the first sheet.  The text scribbled out is just sensitive information in the footer:

Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Formatting and numbering

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

It's very hard to tell from the cropped screen shot, but it looks like there are two template frames there, overlapping. You only need one, and one you are using needs the same flow tag as the previous and next pages, and Auto-Connect should be on.

Flow_of_text_to_new_page__ Adobe_Community.png

Or, is that text in a table? Cells can't break across pages so that would cause the same result. Or in an anchored frame? Really, just guessing until you share a full page screen shot with the Status Bar visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very hard to tell from the cropped screen shot, but it looks like there are two template frames there, overlapping. You only need one, and one you are using needs the same flow tag as the previous and next pages, and Auto-Connect should be on.

Flow_of_text_to_new_page__ Adobe_Community.png

Or, is that text in a table? Cells can't break across pages so that would cause the same result. Or in an anchored frame? Really, just guessing until you share a full page screen shot with the Status Bar visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The text was in a text frame only, but you were correct, there was an unnecessary frame.  I deleted that frame, then used the Format->Customize Layout->Connect Text Frames to get the flow to continue to the next page.  I'm somewhat familiar with Framemaker, but I'm having to refine my knowledge since I started full-time in the program.

Thanks for your help Barb!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Always happy to help. Glad it was that easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines