Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 10 offline licensing tool?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

So, I've inherited a network, and some systems, oh, and a framemaker 10 issue too.

Background into -  This install is on workstation that is on a secure and segregated network.  No internet connection is available, and will never be.  This is 100% old school sneaker net here.  My goal is to remove the software from one closed network, and install on another closed network to stay in licensing compliance.

Installed/licensed version of FM is 10.0.0.388, which works fine for the install process and use afterwords - for 30 days.  After this period a reinstall is required to restore functionality (though, I have not tried setting the date to 10 years in the future and installing, hmmmm).

I'm aware of the issue detailed here - https://helpx.adobe.com/framemaker/kb/cant-launch-framemaker-10.html Installing the TCS3 patch does not resolve anything though.

I have a tool on one network Adobe Licensing Tool v1.0.0.14 (alt.exe), and I have an alternate serial number that's been provided with that.

If I - install base software version with serial, install TCS3 patch, then update the key to the alternate key using the adobe tool, all is well.  No issues, life is good.

Problem is, I cannot introduce that tool into another computing environment at will.  It has to go through an IA process for approval.  For that I need to provide information about the software, download links, etc.  As of yet, I can find nothing even relating to the existence of this tool.  Does anyone know anything about this, or where to obtain it?  Maybe it goes by a different name or something?

Sorry for the long winded post, thanks for reading if you made it this far!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using TCS or just FM10? You’re sort of tossing them both around here. I’d grab the set of FM10 patches off the Adobe site, install FM10 sequentially with all its patches & then call Adobe Support for an offline activation on the new workstation. They deal with locked down environments all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We had this experience with our offline network. I believe that the offline tool is something that is only sent via direct correspondence from Adobe support personnel, so you won't find any links to it anywhere.  It shouldn't take much more than an email to find out all the details you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines