Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 10 type turns green in text

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings All,

I am writing a small book, which is nearly done, ready for publication, except.... that any new type turns green.  The previous type stays black.  I can delete the green type.  If I try to delete the black type, it turns red with a line through it.  But editing is impossible.  I cannot make any rational changes to the text.

This weird thing happened to me some years ago, but I do not recall what the solution was.   Any ideas out there?  The problem seems to be a corruption in the file because I can edit other files with the software.

So what can I do to save the text so that it is editable?  I am guessing that what I will have to do is removed the text from FM, strip the text of all formatting, hopefully getting a plain text result to strip out the problem, plug the text back in, and reformat.

Any other shorter way that will not lose all the formatting? 

And how do I prevent another such event?  Was there something I might have done to cause the problem?

Could the problem be in the Book file rather than the text file? 

Earle

embus@theroadtoemmaus.org

562-242-4926

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Turn OFF the Track Text Edits feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turn OFF the Track Text Edits feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines