• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 11 to SharePoint

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to publish from FM 11 to SharePoint 2010+. How do I customize the output or change the settings so I keep the SharePoint ribbon and menus? I can't publish directly to SharePoint and IT does not support it, so I have to upload all the files manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell us more about what you mean by "publish" – I'm guessing you mean more than upload .fm source to SharePoint?

Also, take a look at the forum topic "Can't publish to SharePoint natively: trusted sites issue?" that the sidebar helpfully proposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2016 Mar 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By publish, I mean HTML. Either as a standalone SharePoint site, or subsite, or page, or other. I'm open to any option that will fit with in my constraints as defined by our IT group.

This other forum topic looks like a different issue entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being too familiar with SharePoint, what’s so different about a website (and all its files) being up on SharePoint vs. WebHelp created by FM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FM output takes up the whole screen, whether HTML or WebHelp. From what I have read, this is unsupported because it will lose its responsive nature. We'd be ok with that since our users only use this via PC and laptop (for the foreseeable future).

I want to restrict the output to an area like this:

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm…Ok – can you stick any other kind of website HTML pages in that frame you show? If they “take up the whole screen” too, then I wouldn’t expect FM-sourced WebHelp to act any differently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can insert html into the box and it stays within the target frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one page or a whole series of pages that make a website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out. I had to have IT add a web part to my SharePoint site. If I post the index or main html file within the web part it will display the series of pages and books, etc. Seems to be working ok now! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines