Highlighted

FM 12: Automapping failed

Explorer ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 12 to generate Responsive HTML5.

All the actions I'm describing take place here:

PublishSettings.png

I assumed that I would be able to map any paragraph style from my original FrameMaker template to an equivalent Output style. Here is what I have tried:

1. The mapping seemed obvious enough, so I initially manually mapped a few items that were easy, like my H1 to Heading 1.
  2. Then I realized that many of my original template paragraph styles did not have equivalents in the Output styles list.
  3. I reread the FrameMaker 12 documentation and clicked Paragraph at the top of the Styles panel, selected the Automap Paragraph Styles checkbox, and clicked Save.
  4. Filled with hope, I then clicked the original template style, say Bullet2, that  I wished to map.
  5. Alas, the Output Style field said [Automapping failed. Add StyleName to the CSS].
  6. I then reread the documentation some more, exported the styles from the original FM template to a .CSS, and then imported that new .CSS back into the project (in other words, clicked Export Styles, waited a reverent moment, then clicked Import Styles).
  7. Repeated Step 4. Same result.

What am I missing? How do I map FM styles to a style for the Responsive Help output?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FM 12: Automapping failed

Explorer ,
May 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using FM 12 to generate Responsive HTML5.

All the actions I'm describing take place here:

PublishSettings.png

I assumed that I would be able to map any paragraph style from my original FrameMaker template to an equivalent Output style. Here is what I have tried:

1. The mapping seemed obvious enough, so I initially manually mapped a few items that were easy, like my H1 to Heading 1.
  2. Then I realized that many of my original template paragraph styles did not have equivalents in the Output styles list.
  3. I reread the FrameMaker 12 documentation and clicked Paragraph at the top of the Styles panel, selected the Automap Paragraph Styles checkbox, and clicked Save.
  4. Filled with hope, I then clicked the original template style, say Bullet2, that  I wished to map.
  5. Alas, the Output Style field said [Automapping failed. Add StyleName to the CSS].
  6. I then reread the documentation some more, exported the styles from the original FM template to a .CSS, and then imported that new .CSS back into the project (in other words, clicked Export Styles, waited a reverent moment, then clicked Import Styles).
  7. Repeated Step 4. Same result.

What am I missing? How do I map FM styles to a style for the Responsive Help output?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 05, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you figure out how to do this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, sorry I was away on vacation.

No; we are moving to FrameMaker 15, so I'm putting my questions on hold until we get it installed. I'll circle back once it's in place.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Thanks for reporting this.

I tried at my end with the steps you mentioned. Most of the styles mapped except one which were selected, in my case it was 'body'.

I did the step number 3 again, deselected and selected again the Automap Paragraph Styles checkbox, it asked be to confirm to automap for that style ('body'), and then it worked.

Can you please try the above step at your end?

Thanks

Amit Jha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 0
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Amit.

I redid step 3 also. You wrote " it asked be to confirm to automap for that style ('body')," but I didn't see any message asking me to confirm anything.

if it helps, this is what I see.

I clicked Set Template and selected the template of the .fm file I currently have open and active in FrameMaker:

SetTemplate.png

I clicked OK.

Then I clicked Export Styles and gave the .css a unique name. Then I clicked Import Styles and selected that .css.

This is what I see:

FM12Automapping.png

Clearly, the exported-and-imported .css does not contain the paragraph tags from my fm document.

But, even if it doesn't, so what. I should be able to select one of the tags on the left and map it to any of the tags on the right. I was allowed to do that with my H1-4 styles, but not with, say, my Bullet 2 style:

Bullet2Mapping.png

I hope this additional information helps. Thanks for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2016 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

The AutoMap feature maps FM tags to existing css class with same name. For bullet2 you have to add a class 'p.bullet2' in CSS then it will automap. 

Please let us know if you are not able to map or face issues in keeping source formatting.

Thanks

Amit Jha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 29, 2016 1
binh LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2016 0