• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM-14.0.2.425: modified Welcome screen does not display

Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Welcome screen I have just modified 1 line to get the "Restore Last Session" with a more prominent button.

I changed line 37 from ... class="button tertiary"... to ...class="button"...

But FM-14 insists to use the original version - although the modified version is named welcome.html and the original one is named welcome-ori.html.

Neither Windows restart, nor clearing Temporary Internet Files helped. The file displays as expected in FireFox or IE 11.

Where the heck does FM get the orginal file from? (I have never heard of an FM-temp folder)

In the initial version (14.0.0.361) I did not have this problem, but don't remind whether it existed in 14.0.1.406.

Klaus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Hi Klaus,

had you seen that a customized Welcome Screen has to be in appdata (since Update 1).

See more details here:

2017 Release of FrameMaker (Update 1) – TechComm Central by Adobe

Cheers,

*Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now reverted to 14.0.0.361: The modified welcome page is used!

Upated to 14.0.1.406: Modified welcome page not used. The welcome page obviously is not read from
H:\Adobe\FrameMaker.14en\Adobe FrameMaker 2017\fminit\dws\resources\welcomeScreen\welcome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Klaus,

had you seen that a customized Welcome Screen has to be in appdata (since Update 1).

See more details here:

2017 Release of FrameMaker (Update 1) – TechComm Central by Adobe

Cheers,

*Stefan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stefan,

After update 1 I have done ...

Due to a lot of strange problems I was again stepping up through the installation (0, 1, 2) and forgot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, the file used by Fm 14.0.1 and higher is %appdata%\Adobe\FrameMaker\14\resources\welcomeScreen\

Stefan, can you please confirm this?

I was able to edit this file and successfully customize my Welcome Screen.

**As with any customizations, you should make backup copies of the original files, just in case.

-Matt

Here's what I did by commenting out a few lines in the HTML file, and modifying the styles.css in that same directory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, confirmed. Starting with Update 1 for FrameMaker (2017 release) the welcome screen is located in %appdata%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines