Highlighted

FM 2015 Documentation for unstructured to structured conversion tables

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During one of the presentations for the latest FM I am sure that there was a statement that more features had been added to the functions of the tables. The help files with FM2015 are pretty poor. I have something from FM9 (A Mekon training course notes document) but need up to date definitive information.

Any pointers will be most gratefully received

Regards

Martyn D

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FM 2015 Documentation for unstructured to structured conversion tables

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During one of the presentations for the latest FM I am sure that there was a statement that more features had been added to the functions of the tables. The help files with FM2015 are pretty poor. I have something from FM9 (A Mekon training course notes document) but need up to date definitive information.

Any pointers will be most gratefully received

Regards

Martyn D

TOPICS
Structured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 29, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to have a look at the Structured Application Developer Reference guide (FrameMaker 2012 version) http://help.adobe.com/en_US/framemaker/2015/StructuredDev/Structure_Dev_Reference.pdf

This  contains a pretty good set of building blocks for creating a conversion table. Generally there is some tidy up required afterwards, but a lot of the heavy lifting is done.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 14, 2015 0
Participant ,
Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FrameMaker Learn & Support page has reference links that you need, including the PDF for the Structured Application Developer Guide. On page 80 under Working with legacy documents, there is a general procedure for constructing a conversion table to apply structure to an unstructured document.

However, there's a training video that you would find useful. In the list of Adobe Online Seminars, refer to parts 1 & 2 of Unstrucutred to XML Workflow E-Seminar (see below):

• Part 1: Analyzing Your Unstructured Document - Preprocess Steps
  • Part 2: Creating a FrameMaker Conversion Table - Part 1
  • Part 3: Creating a FrameMaker Conversion Table - Part 2
  • Part 4: Element Definition Document (EDD) - Home Grown or a Standard Structure
  • Part 5: Creating your Structured Template from an Unstructured One
  • Part 6: Structured Applications and What is Necessary / How to Create
  • Part 7: Save as XML, Now What?

Unfortunately, the seminar videos appear to have been removed recently (within the past two months). A quick search turned up Tom Aldous' blog with a reference to the videos, but the repository for those videos is again the Adobe Online Seminars (linked above).

I'll try sending an e-mail to Tom Aldous and request that the videos be re-posted.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2015 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for replying to my original post. I have looked at the referenced document but to be honest I see very little different between that and one I have that references FM7. However I will study this in more detail.

I send an email to Tom to see if the seminars can be re-instated.

Again, thanks a lot.

Regards

Martyn

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2015 0