Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2015 Reordering pages

Contributor ,
Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Having a enjoyable time as a beginner learning FM 2015. Impressive application.

Having created a draft guide with 160+ pages, now editing through these, I will probably need to reorder some of the pages (for example, like move pages 22-24 to be after page 72, etc.) In RH 2015, the topic hierarchy view allows to simply move these up or down. Not sure how to accomplish this reordering of pages in FM? Read in an older posting that you copy and paste pages in the FM file. Is their a page hierarchy view that I am not viewing? Or does this mean highlighting the text for pages 22-24, copying this, then pasting it after page 77? Since I am just figuring out Master pages and text flow between body pages, am not sure yet how to accomplish this without losing pages or text  or making a mess of the flow (but can certainly make a backup first, keep track of changes, etc.).

Is there a simple way to change page order?

Thank you for your help.

Best Wishes,

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2016 Dec 21, 2016

All depends on how you've got it inside FM - are all 160+ pages in one .fm doc? Or are they busted up into smaller .fm docs? If so, then you would use the book structure (.book) to place them all in their desired order. Moving chunks around is then as simple as dragging the files in the book view & updating the book to set cross-refs and numbering. If it's all in one big doc, then it's usually just a matter of cutting & pasting (just like a Word doc) to arrange things in the flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All depends on how you've got it inside FM - are all 160+ pages in one .fm doc? Or are they busted up into smaller .fm docs? If so, then you would use the book structure (.book) to place them all in their desired order. Moving chunks around is then as simple as dragging the files in the book view & updating the book to set cross-refs and numbering. If it's all in one big doc, then it's usually just a matter of cutting & pasting (just like a Word doc) to arrange things in the flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your help and suggestions. All in one .fm doc. So, I think its going to be cutting and pasting when I need to reorder pages. Maybe next time I can organize them differently, make it easier to move them around.

Again, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines