When I Print to PDF, the table works fine.
When I Save as PDF, the content is generated but it is invisible.
This was first seen in 22.214.171.124 and it persists in 126.96.36.199.
These are simple tables, with no conditional text, text insets, variables, strange para or char formats.
MIF-washing did not fix it.
I saw it last night on my machine in Boston, and reproduced it this morning here and on a different machine with a different file by a different writer in Hyderabad, India.
Which option was used: RGB or CMYK? Try the "other" to whatever was used to create these. These two routes use completely different postscript headers and the font handling is also quite different (and dodgy at best for the CMYK route).
It was RGB.
Switching to CMYK had no effect.
This computer was at 188.8.131.523. I am upgrading to patch 4 right now.
On my home computer, upgrading to Patch 4 had no effect until I also restarted the computer. Now it seems to be fixed there.
Can you select the text (i.e. copy & paste) that is in the "missing" area of the table in the PDF?
If so, it looks like (IIRC) an old bug has resurfaced where the text ends up behind the fill in a table. It appears that the bold font used at the start of each paragraph is the trigger for this. [Though it's odd that it works properly on one computer and not on another. The bold couldn't inadvertently be a printer font, could it?]
Yes, I can select it. I have copied it and pasted it into notepad looking for clues.
It is the normal bold char format, no special font.
We would like to know more about this issue.
Any news? This is still an issue....
Hi John, Thanks for sending us your file. Yes, investigations are still on. We haven't nailed it yet.
But it seems like a font-specific issue: because when we change fonts of the table cells - the text comes in the resultant PDF. Also, it could be an Acrobat issue or may be something to do with Microsoft Windows.
I am afraid you would have to work with the current workarounds, as of now:
Well, I have to use our corporate fonts,so that doesn't help. I can print to PDF, but that's a workaround, not a fix.
We have investigated the issue at our end. The issue seems to be a mix of tagged pdf combined with shading of table cells.
When we try to do these WORKAROUND SOLUTIONS - ALL text appears in the output:
More investigations are on, but wanted to inform you of the interim findings if any of them seem workable for you. Do let us know if this helps.