• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2015 - Save As Review PDF - Enable commenting in Reader - No PDF created Error, solutions?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempts to Save As Review PDF - Enable commenting in Reader fails.

Results in "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found" error message.

Which is weird considering that this action was initiated from within the document itself.

Acrobat Distiller IX is installed, yet receive this error message:

"Error opening PDF file! Please check if you have correct version of Adobe Acrobat (8.0 or later) installed."

Was successful with one FM file, but have tried five other similar files, and receive the same error on all others.

What would be different about the one file that was successful?

All files were created the same way about the same time as one of a series of about 220 files.

Checked document properties and haven't found any differences.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears to be a Microsoft problem, of course. The folder/file character length limitation (128 characters) for where on the server these files are located presents a challenge to FrameMaker and Acrobat. Shortening the file name results in proper creation of PDFs.I just happened to do my initial testing on a file with a short name, and all subsequent files have longer names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried shortening the filename to 3 characters and I still got the message "Error opening pdf file! Please check if you have correct version of Adobe Acrobat (8.0 or later) installed."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2016 Mar 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's the total length of characters of your path to the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines