• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2015 Update 4 released

LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a new patch to FM2015 available via the Updates link in FM. The direct download should be up shortly.

There are new features and a few bug fixes. See the following Techcomm blog for more details:

FrameMaker (2015 release) – Update 4 released – TechComm Central by Adobe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arnis,

This causes the same 'not responding' issue while loading graphics in my documents as the final release of patch 3 did. As i'm waiting for a fix for the HTML help HHP config files, I cannot afford not to be able to update when the patches come out. Have you changed anything to do with graphics or networking between the first version of patch 3 and second (final of patch 3). I'm accessing all my content on a shared network drive, and since the last version of patch 3, my computer freezes while trying to load small jpgs (screenshots of menus). I'd been running on the first version of patch 3 until today when I updated to patch 4.

I have noticed that every graphic is created as a temp file while loading (at around 10kb/s) before writing it somewhere else. That's 27 seconds for a 270k jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't know about any such changes, I'm not with Adobe [just a volunteer moderator for the last twenty years or so...] .

Having files on network drives can be an issue with FM (this is a long-standing issue). It all depends on your network traffic and latency, and sometimes whether the network drive is accessed as a mapped drive versus a direct UNC specification. You also may have an aggressive anti-virus app that is getting in FM's way by checking all files coming from the netork drive. Try moving your graphics to a local drive to see if the behaviour changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion

I've been working with the same files on the same server with FM10 and the FM13 with no problems until the last two update patches on FM13. Moving files to local was the first thing I tried, to no avail. Something has changed in there somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can consistently see this happening (compared to using local files), please report it using the ( https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm) Bugbase and provide as much detail about your network that you can. Any timing tests using previous versions of FM would also help make the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Even the local files were still caching in the temp folder. I decided yesterday to soldier on with my day, and just turn the graphics off. The file paused for a bit and then behaved normally.

I turned the graphics back on and mysteriously everything was back to normal. I have no idea how they could even replicate that if I reported it!

Though it is a daily ritual it seems now 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines