Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2015: Why does save to PDF fail when CMYK is selected

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2016 Nov 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all.

My book file converts to PDF successfully if RGB is selected but fails when CMYK is selected. Unfortunately, RGB colors are distorted and CMYK colors are correct.

I will re-establish the colors as RGB values if I have to, but that affects other single-sourcing output ...

Any advice?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CMYK PDF output doesn't just fail by design, there has to be a reason why your specific book fails. It usually works, but sometimes images or fonts cause problems which prevent the PDF from being finished. I'd start with saving individual chapters of the book to PDF. Does this work with CMYK enabled? Does a single chapter fail?

Bernd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be truer to say it fails by LACK of design

What is most disappointing is that it usually seems to fail silently without any proper explanation of the problem.  Surely Adobe should be able to build in some better validation or error-trapping?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Bernd.

The doc is 400 pages and I didn't have time for that kind of hunting. Surely FM knows exactly where it choked, but the error messages give no indication.

I redid the colors in RGB; problem solved for now.  We set the colors in the output settings for our other formats, so I think this solution will work.

--Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines