• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FM 2017 and 2019 crashing on multiple file open

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beginning with FM 2017 (almost as soon as I upgraded to 2017) and continuing into version 2019 (which I really hoped would solve the problem, with 64 bit), FrameMaker crashes repeatedly when I try to open more than a single file at a time. It sometimes will go 2-3 weeks without doing it, but then it resumes and crashes over and over again, all day every day for weeks. I have never discerned any patterns to when it does and doesn't crash.

I use unstructured FrameMaker.

It has done it on multiple laptops (currently running Windows 10 Pro on an Intel Core 2.80GHz processor, 64 bit, with 32 GB RAM. NVIDIA graphics). The laptop I was using when it first started started doing it was probably running Windows 8.1, but that was a while ago and I can't swear to it.

I keep on top of FM updates, and none of them has ever solved the problem. When it gets really bad and won't even restore the previous session before crashing again, sometimes rebooting the laptop "shocks" it into behaving better for a little while.

A year or more ago, I spent hours on the phone with some nice Adobe folks who tried to help but were completely at a loss as to what was causing it or how to fix it. (I sent them many, many crash logs to consult.) It looked for a few weeks like setting me up to run as an administrator might have solved the problem, but then it came back.

A couple of my team members - who work in the same book, with the same files and have identical computer systems - have had brief episodes of this problem, but theirs doesn't persist like mine does.

With different laptops and different versions of FrameMaker all doing this, I can't isolate a potential cause, or solution.

Any suggestions will be very much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please share the version of FM2019 you have on your machine (Help -> About FrameMaker)

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 15.0.3.603

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kristin,

Requesting you to drop me an email at amisingh@adobe.com with the dmp / crash log files that may be getting generated. we will look into this and get back directly on email.

thanks

Amitoj Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines